Monday, January 24, 2011

PHP (after talking to Christian of CLC in Langham)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Php

Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:


5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! A concise starter guide, 5 Aug 2010

By Jonny IT Guy - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites (Paperback)

Another excellent member of the O'Reilly book range, this is a superb start for learning the ins and outs of PHP, MySQL and Javascript. It doesn't weigh the reader down with a lot of uneeded information and sets a nice pace for easy learning. I'd already had a small amount of experience in working with PHP and MySQL in the past but within a couple of hours of picking this up I had applied some newly learnt coding practices to an application I was working on. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book For Both Beginners & Professional, 9 Oct 2010

By Omar Venture (UK) - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites (Paperback)

I am quite familer with many of the O'Reilly book range some of which were excellent and some a bit to advance to understand... but i can happily say this book was excellent without a doubt it was very easy to understand and detailed at the same time, it a perfect book for anyone who want to learn PHP, MySQl & JS.

I actually brought this book to code wordpress themes in PHP and after 2 week of reading this book thats what i did and it also shows the power of combining PHP, MySQL & JS together which was really impressive.

Comparison: i my opinion this book excellent quailty is one of many reasons to buy the book, the other being using it as "Future Reference" which in many ways saves you money compares to buying a DUMMIES book which only shows the Basic elements of PHP ect. so wheather you turn from Beginners to pro this Book is for you!

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for beginners, 26 Sep 2010

By Anthony Collins (London, UK) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME) This review is from: Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites (Paperback)

I'd previously bought "Learning PHP & MySQL" from O'Reilly and found it confusing and hard to follow.


This one was completely different. I loved it. It explains things clearly and really helped me to understand. Maybe different people appreciate different styles, but this is the one book that really helped me get to grips with PHP and MySQL (still struggling with Javascript!)

9 of 11 people found the following review helpful:

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for both beginners and amateurs!, 19 Jan 2010

By Adrian Von Gegerfelt "The New Son of London" (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME) This review is from: Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites (Paperback)

I had general knowledge in PHP from modding and experimenting with Wordpress themes. HTML and CSS wasn't new to me - I work as a web designer, but I'm not perfect with javascript. SQL scared me.

This new O'Reily book filled in my blanks - gave me facts and tips about PHP developing and more self confidence in playing around with MySQL in PHPmyAdmin.

I'd say the things you need to be a great PHP web-developer are experience in HTML+CSS, a great idea, and this book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Read For All Level Of Programmer, 27 Sep 2010

By metallicrazy - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites (Paperback)

I am a third year student at university studying computer science and I read this book over the summer to refresh my memory and solidify the skills I have learned from the last two years. This is one of the best books I have read on the subjects and I am always using it for quick refernce when coding.

I would and have recomended this book to several of my friends. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, High detail., 23 Jan 2011

By A. Carson (UK) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME) This review is from: Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites (Paperback)

the book is amazin, the information is very in-depth and very easy to get to grips with and understand. really is a good book and worth the purchase because the PHP/MySQL and JavaScript information is just fantastic!


By Mr. Leonard O. Anukam "php mysql guru" (UK England) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME) This review is from: Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites (Paperback)

The book is an excellent one on PHP and MYSQL. The good thing is that the examples are simple and easy to understand and follow. I recommend this book to any one willing to learning PHP and MYSQL.